Mystique Country House
Coolangatta. Shoalhaven. NSW. 2535.
Luxury Vacation House and Retreat Accommodation
Mystique and the Shoalhaven
Book through this website rather than through the overseas operators so that you are not charged commissions / service charges.
Mystique Country House is set on quality rural land in the heart of the Shoalhaven wine country. This architecturally designed house, built in 2007, is modern and has been described as a unique, high end property. It is lakeside and has a stunning backdrop of Mount Coolangatta. The atmospheric presence of the lake and mountain adds much intrigue and mystery to your experience of staying at the property. Though this country property is private and surrounded by exquisite rural scenes it is not isolated. Mystique is part of the Coolangatta community and is located very near to the Coolangatta Estate. You drive along a charming country lane beside the vineyards in the approach to the property. It is also located within minutes of the Seven Mile Beach and National Park and the Shoalhaven River. This area is very central to many towns and rural or country areas in the Shoalhaven.
The area in which this property is located is of deep historical significance. In 1822 Alexander Berry first set foot on this settlement and established his homestead in this area, between the mountain and the sea, and very near to Mystique Country House. This land forms part of the original ten thousand acre land granted to Berry and his partner Wollstonecraft for convict development and was operated as a model farm. Historic buildings of the Berry and Wollstonecraft era are found in the township of Berry and parts of the old village that Berry lived in have been meticulously restored and form part of Coolangatta Estate today. Berry’s Bay forms part of the Seven Mile Beach. The names of these two great pioneers appear everywhere in this area of the Shoalhaven.
Mystique Country House is a luxurious South Coast, NSW vacation house or retreat providing quality accommodation for holidays and weekends away with friends and family. It is not a venue for events or parties under any circumstances.
Mystique is a large, architecturally designed north-facing house set on the edge of a private lake. This house, built in 2007, is modern and is built on one level. Every room in the house has windows and/or sliding doors overlooking country scenes of lake, mountain or rural land and trees. This amazing property has been thoughtfully designed to create comfortable living all year round.
Special Features of the House
- The house generates a sense of peace being far removed from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and being amongst nature.
- The house provides space for privacy. Four bedrooms have ensuites and are very self- contained.
- The house is built on one level and there are no internal steps. Many find this feature highly advantageous.
- Ducted air conditioning to all living areas and two main bedrooms.The brand new air conditioning unit is powerful being very warm in the winter months and cooling effectively in summer. Ceiling fans in all bedrooms. Heaters are in the bedrooms without air conditioning. A separate air conditioning unit is found in the theatre room.
- Unlimited Wi Fi connected to NBN. Also Foxtel Sports and Movies, a Hi Fi stereo system and two televisions.
- Solid quality imported timber floors, two cathedral ceilings and high ceilings throughout the whole of the house.
- Extensive outdoor decks, one with a swimming pool.
- The property is set amongst established gardens and park-like grounds.
- Town water and sealed road access.
- A fully equipped modern kitchen with all modern appliances and amenities.
- Ceasarstone benches, large European gas cook top stove, large electric oven.
- Nespresso machine (BYO pods) and Nutri-bullet.
- All crockery and cutlery supplied.
- Lots of cupboards and deep drawers.
- Has ducted air conditioning.
- A formal white dining room with a white marble dining table and side board and white leather chairs.
- Views out over the front garden to Mt Coolangatta and also out to the back outside living area.
- Table seats eight.
- This is a private and decorative room.
- Ducted air conditioning.
Informal Sitting Room
- Overlooks the lake, garden and pool through wide sliding doors onto a timber deck.
- Italian leather lounges, polished cement top coffee table.
- Ducted air conditioning.
- A wall mounted television.
Formal Lounge and Dining Room
- Large stunning formal lounge and dining room with recliner leather lounges and a dining table to sit twelve built privately.
- Views through one sliding door over the expansive, eastern section of the lake and garden.
- Views from the dining table through the other sliding door look onto the outdoor deck.
- Hi Fi System.
- Ducted air conditioning.
- The theatre room has comfortable tiered seating with leather lounges and armchairs.
- Includes a 75 inch flat screened television with DVD player. Both are easily operated from one remote.
- Foxtel Sports and Movies.
- Contains an air-conditioning unit.
- Room can be blackened during the day.
- Contains extra seating in the form of a sofa bed which is only converted to a bed on request and pre-payment. Otherwise the sofa bed is locked in lounge position.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Five large bedrooms of which one is a master bedroom.
- Four bedrooms with Queen sized beds, stylish ensuites and built in robes.
- The fifth bedroom contains two king single beds and is next door to a common bathroom.
- Ducted air conditioning to master bedroom and bedroom next door.
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
- All linen is supplied. Sheets are all cotton.
- Brand new furniture in all bedrooms.
- Sofa bed in media room can be converted to a bed for up to two people. Shares common bathroom with fifth bedroom. Comes at an additional cost of $60 per person per night but allows for twelve people to come.
A large covered Outdoor Living Area on a hardwood deck
- A large covered outdoor living area with outdoor dining for ten to twelve.
- Large, quality BBQ.
- Stylish outdoor armchairs and seating.
- Scenic views over the lake, the trees and a country scene.
- Peaceful outdoor space.
- A sparkling blue ten metre swimming pool with fence and all safety features.
- Solar heated October to April.
- Located beside the house on a deck. Can see the pool from inside the house through a wide glass panel in the hallway.
- A shower exists near the pool on the deck.
- Double garage supplied with internal access to the house.
- Plenty of off street parking and plenty of space for boat and trailer.
- All easy and level access
- Contains the pool table.
- A laundry fully equipped with all modern conveniences and a door to an outdoor clothes line.
Mystique Country House is located in a very rural location which is very near to the coast and the Shoalhaven River, a major fishing river. It is within a five minute drive to Shoalhaven Heads and then on to all beaches along the Seven Mile Beach National Park up to Gerroa, which is twelve minutes away. Similarly the historic tourist town of Berry and the major shopping area of Nowra are within ten to fifteen minute drive away. From Nowra you can head towards Greenwell Point, renowned for it’s seafood, after passing through the charming historic farming areas of Terara and Numbaa where many of the unchanged farming houses are over one hundred years old and very quaint and picturesque. From Greenwell Point head to Culburra Beach, Currarong and Point Perpendicular with its very high, perpendicular cliffs which drop straight into the sea and it’s famous Light House, then head off to Jervis Bay. Visit wineries along the way. All in a day!!
The area excels in rural, country, mountain, coastal, river, headland and bay regions with so much history and culture to offer. There are many wineries and the region is famous for it’s seafood and cheeses. The property is located just two hours South of Sydney, just beyond the historic Coolangatta Winery Estate and is within walking distance to the winery, restaurant and golf course but also just a short drive to the Shoalhaven River and the Seven Mile Beach National Park.
Features of the House in Summary
Ducted Air Conditioning
Nespresso Coffee Machine BYO Pods
Dishes and utensils
Iron and board
Location of Mystique Country House
Coolangatta, Shoalhaven, South Coast New South Wales, 2535, Australia