Mystique Country House
Coolangatta. Shoalhaven. NSW. 2535.
Luxury Vacation House and Retreat Accommodation
Local Restaurants and Wineries
- The emphasis common to all these restaurants is that they all utilise fresh, local, quality and seasonal ingredients which reflect the delicious tastes and flavours of the South Coast NSW. Yet each of these restaurants has something unique to offer.
- The Blue Swimmer Café and Restaurant at Seahaven: 19 Riverleigh Ave; 02 4234 3796. Award winning restaurant. Modern Australian and European.
- Gerroa Fisherman’s Club Seahorse Restaurant/Bistro: Crooked River Road; 02 4234 0044. Bistro & restaurant. Magnificent panoramic views of the Seven Mile Beach.
- The Retreat Restaurant at the Park Ridge Hotel: 139 Belinda Street; 02 4234 1000. Award Winner of Excellence. Beautifully presented meals, celebrating the tastes and flavours of contemporary cuisine.
- Oak Room Eleven at the Crooked River Winery: 11 Willowvale Road; 02 4234 0975. An inspiring menu showcasing fresh local seasonal produce. Spectacular views.
- Bella Char Restaurant and Wine Bar, Mercure Hotel: 1 Fern Street; 02 4234 1359. Modern Australian cuisine using fresh, local ingredients.
- Trivium Licensed Cafe and Restaurant: 4/104 Fern Street; 02 4234 4008. Open air terrace with fantastic beach views. New delicious menu, listing dishes made from the freshest of seasonal ingredients.
- Zoobs Woodfired Pizza: 1/11 Blackwood Street; 02 42340241. The talented chef cooks delicious Italian meals for the whole family,
- The Blue Goose: 02 4234 0338 A new cafe which serves fabulous food, well presented and well priced.
- Jack’s Grill in Cronin’s Hotel: 29 Belinda Street; 02 4234 1451.Pub meals in bistro style. Offers great simple food for lunch and dinner.
Roselea Vineyard: 02 4234 0340. 310 Princes Highway, Gerringong.
*Kangaroo Valley Restaurants and Wineries
- Bistro One46: 146 Moss Vale Rd, Kangaroo Valley; 02 4465 2820. Silver Award for a Tourism restaurant for the second year running in the 2014 South Coast Tourism Awards for Excellence. The menu features traditional favourites and classic dishes with a modern touch.
- The General of Kangaroo Valley: 151 Moss Vale Road, Kangaroo Valley; 02 4465 1660. The food is superb and menu creative.
- Kangaroo Valley Estate: (02 9544 2866. 2038-2040 Moss Vale Road, Kangaroo Valley.
Yarrawa Estate: (02) 4465 1165. 43B Scotts Road, Kangaroo Valley.
- South on Albany: Shop 3, 65 Queen Street; 02 4464 2005. Modern Australian dishes with a Modern European influence.
- The Hungry Duck: 85 Queen Street; 02 4464 2323. Stylish, modern Asian. Showcases organic produce and free-range meat and poultry.
- Pavilion Restaurant at Berry Village Boutique Motel: 72-76 Queen Street 02 4464 1074 or 02 4474 3570; Modern Australian and vegetarian cuisine.
- The Coach House at the Historic Berry Hotel: 120 Queen Street; 02 4464 1011. Historic charm whilst serving a Modern Australian pub/bistro menu and contemporary Australian award winning cuisine.
- Great Southern Hotel: 95 Queen St; 02 4464 1009. Berry’s iconic pub for everyone.. A charcoal lamb spit every Sunday.
- The Burrows of Berry: 71 Queen Street; 02 4464 2817. Serves classic dishes with a contemporary flavour, rustic yet modern.
- The Silos at Silos Vineyards: B640 Princes Highway; 6.4 kms south of Berry; 02 4448 6160. Silos prepares unique, modern Australian dishes. An eclectic selection of regionally sourced wines.
- Wildginger Restaurant, Huskisson NSW Asian Restaurant. Smart, minimalist space with black decor, for inventive Southeast Asian dishes and banquets. Late-night food.
- The Butterfactory Restaurant, Pyree NSW Modern Australian Restaurant Modern European and Australian meals plated in a rustic, high-ceilinged 19th-century building.
- Stonegrill Restaurant, Huskisson NSW Fun place to cook your own selection of meat or seafood on a hot stone delivered to your table. Late-night food.
- Wharf Rd Restaurant and Bar, Nowra NSW Modern Australian dishes served in a roomy waterside spot with upscale decor and a fireplace.
- The Aussie Steak House, Nowra NSW Casual · Good for kids · Groups
- Rick Stein at Bannisters Restaurant, Mollymook Beach NSW Modern seafood menu with Asian touches in an open, brightly tiled space overlooking the sea.
- St Isidore, Milton NSW Laid-back, hillside restaurant in leafy surrounds with a focus on local produce and premium wine. From farm to table. Great cocktails.
- The Tipsy Fig Restaurant. Milton NSW. Casual · Groups · Beer.
- Tallwood Eatery Restaurant, Mollymook Beach NSW Great cocktails.
- The Dog & Monocle, Nowra NSW Old world charm and dramatic flair. Old fashioned cocktails, Malt Whiskey, Hendricks Gin, Champagne, Fine Wines and Top End Spirts! Fantastic food.
- Italian Guild, Milton NSW The Italian Guild is an ideal place for relaxation with tantalising Italian fare. Everything about the Guild says Italian heritage.
- Greendale’s Cafe Restaurant Function Space, Pyree Restaurants NSW. Modern Australian Licensed Cafes and Licensed Informal Restaurants
- Pelican Rocks Restaurant and Cafe, Greenwell Point Restaurants NSW Licensed Seafood Cafe and Restaurant.
- Coolangatta Estate Historic Village & Winery: 1335 Bolong Rd, Shoalhaven; 02 4448 7131. The lunchtime eatery is called ‘Firegrill’ and dinner is served at Alexanders A la Carte Restaurant. The Cellar Door opens daily featuring entirely estate grown wines.
- Cambewarra Estate: (02) 4446 0170. 520 Illaroo Road, Cambewarra (near Nowra).
- Jasper Valley Wines and Vines Cafe: 152 Croziers Rd, Jaspers Brush. 02 4464 1596.
- Mount Ridge Wines: (02) 4448 5825. 11 Coolangatta Road, Shoalhaven Heads (near Berry).
- Nowra Hill Vineyard: (02) 4447 8362. 222 BTU Road, Nowra Hill.
- Seven Mile Vineyard: (02) 4448 5466. 84 Coolangatta Road, Shoalhaven Heads.
- Woodhill Mountain Wines: (02) 4464 1810. Woodhill Mountain Road, Berry.
- Two Figs Winery: 02 4448 5003, 905 Bolong Rd, Berry;
Beaches and Pools
- Seven Mile Beach: 12.5 kms in length it extends from Gerroa to Shoalhaven Heads.
- Werri Beach is about 1.5 km in length and is an excellent surf beach with a surf club at the southern end of the beach. Tidal swimming pools are located on the rock platform at the southern end of Werri Beach and at Boat Harbour.
- Culburra Beach (Shoalhaven)
- Hyams Beach (Shoalhaven)
- Pebbly Beach (Shoalhaven)
- Callala Beach (Shoalhaven)
- Maryana Beach (Shoalhaven)
- Shoalhaven Heads (Shoalhaven)
- Cone Beach (Jervs Bay Shoalhaven)
- Honeymoon Bay (Currarong Shoalhaven)
- Cabbage Beach (Currarong Shoalhaven)
- Blenheim Beach (Vincentia Shoalhaven)
- Greenfield Beach (Vincentia Shoalhaven)
- Moona Moona Creek (Huskisson Shoalhaven)
- Boat Harbour Gerringong: Access is from Jupiter Street.
- Little Beach Gerroa: Access off Burke Parade and across sand flats. The concrete ramp is often covered by firm sand.
- Shoalhaven Heads – River Rd Boat Ramp, Shoalhaven Heads NSW
- Shoalhaven Heads – Hay Ave Boat Ramp, Shoalhaven Heads NSW
- Shoalhaven Heads – Wharf Rd Boat RampShoalhaven Heads – Wharf Rd Boat Ramp, Shoalhaven Heads NSW
- Callala Bay Boat Ramp, Callala Bay NSW
- Greenwell Point Boat Ramp – Adelaide Street, Greenwell Point NSW
- Crookhaven Heads Boat Ramp, Culburra Beach NSW
Fishing Charters / Dolphin or Whale Watching
- Sea Lady Fishing Charters, Gerringong (operating from Shoalhaven Heads). 02 4234 2050. All types of fishing.
- Kiama Harbour Game Fishing and Reef Charters: 02 4232 1725
- Dolphin Watch: Jervis Bay 02 1800 246 010
- Seven Mile Beach, Gerroa, is famous for its whiting during the summer months as well as bream, tailor, salmon, flathead and mulloway.
- Crooked River, Gerroa, is a popular place for prawns, good size bream and flathead.
- Black Head, Gerroa, is a good place for catching bream, kingfish, snapper, drummer, trevally, salmon, tailor and groper. However, be very careful, as the waves can be dangerous.
- Werri Beach is a very deep beach with large snapper, whiting and salmon at times.
- Boat Harbour Gerringong: Access is from Jupiter Street.
- Fishing in the Shoalhaven – Shoalhaven River, Seven Mile Beach, Jervis Bay, Greenwell Point, Gerringong.
- Jamberoo Action Park: ph 4236 0114.Sensational water fun. Open: September to April.
Funland Ulladulla: ph 4454 3220.
- Horse Riding/Trail Rides:Kimberley Park Stud Foxground, ph 4234 1134.
- Timbertops Horseriding Termeil ph 4457 1008 or Valhalla Horseriding ph 4447 8320.
- Shoalhaven Zoo: Rockhill Rd, North Nowra, open 9am-5pm daily. Ph 4421 3949.
- Symbio Wildlife Zoo: ph 4294 1244.
- Illawarra Fly Tree Top Walk: Jamberoo. Ph 1300 362 881 500 metres of this 1500 metre walk is nestled in the treetop canopy some 20-30 metres above ground level.
- Gerringong History Museum, 10 Blackwood Street; 4234 1796. One of the best small museums in NSW.
- Family History Centre, Railway Parade, Kiama.; 4233 1122. It features a worldwide collection of records to assist with compiling your family tree.
- Illawarra Light Railway Museum, Tongarra Road, Albion Park; ph 4256 4627. Fascinating display of vintage carriages and steam engines. Train rides are available including steam train rides.
- Berry Heritage Walk, Go to berry.org.au.
- Kingsford Smith Memorial Lookout, Overlooking Seven Mile Beach.
- Arthur Boyd’s Bundanon: bundanon.com.au. Near Nowra. Bundanon Trust supports arts practice and engagement with the arts.
- Bigfoot Adventure Tours: Coolangatta Estate. On the tour of Mount Coolangatta much historic information about the area is given out. ph 4448 7131
Sports and Outdoor Activities
- Canoe and Kayak Hire: Seven Mile Beach Holiday Park, Gerroa, ph 4234 1340. Kangaroo Valley Safaris ph 4465 1502.
Gerringong Bowling Club: including Barefoot Bowls
- Gerringong Golf Club: Crooked River Road, Gerringong. ph 4234 3333. 18 Hole, 5,586 Metres. Par 72.
- Squash, next to Cronin’s Hotel, Belinda Street, Gerringong. Ph 4234 1451
- Surfing: Werri Beach and Seven Mile Beach. Seven Mile Beach is known to be the best beach on the east coast of Australia for windsurfing. Other water activities here are board and body surfing, scuba diving.
- Take a lesson with the surf schools – Surf Camp Australia Pty Ltd; email@example.com; Guy 0409 787 346.
- Tennis: next to Gerringong Bowling Club. Ph 4234 1039
- Area Walks or Bushwalks: Hoddles Track, starting from Saddleback Mountain, Griffins Trail, located at Barren Grounds Nature Reserve, Drawing Room Rocks a Berry Walk, the Coastal Trail, from Kiama to Gerringong and on to Gerroa; Bushbank Mill track; Seven Mile Beach-12.5 kms in length; Seven Mile Beach National Park.
- Cycling: Berry Mountain Cycles 4464 3857. Kiama Bike Hire from Sebel Harbourside Hotel Kiama. Ph 0414 849 284. The public can hire 24/7. Segway Tours Berry 0402 000 222. and Coolangatta Estate ph 4448 7131 using a personal transporter.
- Kiama Blowhole; Little Blowhole; Minnamurra Rainforest; Carrington Falls; Gerringong Falls. Jerrara Dam Arboretum & Wetlands; Mt Pleasant Lookout; Bass Point-Bushrangers Bay; Bombo Headland; Illawarra Lookout; Saddleback Mountain Lookout; Belmore Falls; Spring Creek Bird Hide; Barren Grounds Bird Observatory; Killalea State Park; Seven-Mile Beach and National Park; Black Head; Point Perpendicular; Coomonderry Swamp – lots of birdlife; Mount Coolangatta; Kangaroo Valley.
Some of the Festivals, Markets and Fairs
- Shoalhaven Coast Winter Wine Festival: Held annually over the June long weekend.
- ‘Art in the Park‘ @Hindmarsh Parks showcases local works that are for sale, created by local artists once a month.
- The Annual Winter Orchid Show for the Shoalhaven Orchid Society early July Alexandra Street Berry.
- Berry Country Fair: at Berry Showground Every month, except February, on the first Sunday.
- Shoalhaven Heads Seafood and Produce Fair: Held every Saturday. Fresh local Seafood – prawns, fish freshly caught etc, and other produce.
- Gerringong Village Markets: at Gerringong Town Hall: Every month on the third Sat Gerringong Town Hall.
- Kiama Seaside Markets: Every month on the third Sunday Black Beach, Kiama.
- Berry Flea Markets: Every month on the third Sunday Great Southern Hotel.
- Berry Produce Market: Every month on the fourth Sun Andrew Place Park.
- The Gerringong Surf Music Festival: Is a free all day music festival held I May 2017 Fern Street, Gerringong, in conjunction with the Autumn Werri Slash Surf Competition.
- The Annual Berry Celtic Festival: Alexandra Street, Berry. Late May.
- Kiama Rotary’s Annual Antiques, Art and Retro Charity Fair: In January. Kiama Leisure Centre.